concrete5 LDAP / Active Directory Package
When you're working in a business environment, or anytime really, nothing can be more frustrating than having to remember dozens of username and password combinations, all with different password policies. In the past when you wanted to use your Active Directory (or other LDAP) servers to authenticate for your concrete5 system, you were left hacking away at code until you got it to work for you. Every website you had that needed LDAP authentication meant getting a programmer to do some heavy lifting for you and praying that you never needed to change any of your LDAP settings.
With the release of concrete5 version 5.7.4+, we've finally come up with a versitile solution to let you get up and running with LDAP authentication in a matter of minutes, no programming necessary. Simply purchase our ExchangeCore LDAP Authentication package on the concrete5.org marketplace and configure.
In the past there were very few CMS platforms which supported LDAP. We're hoping with our addition to the concrete5 marketplace others can now have a new alternative to these other platforms, which may not have always been as good of a fit for what you really wanted to accomplish with your website.
Here's a bit of information about our package:
- Supports Active Directory and OpenLDAP (and any other directory systems which comply to the LDAP version 3 standards)
- Supports LDAPS and StartTLS
- Supports group mapping, allowing you to link LDAP security groups to Concrete5 groups that already exist (nested groups are supported)
- Supports multiple LDAP directories
- Supports multiple server configuration for high availability / directory server failover
- Automatically creates concrete5 users on LDAP login
- Automatically updates users' concrete5 groups based on group mappings when a user logs on
- A synchronization job is available to synchronize all of your ldap users with concrete5 without having to wait for each one to log in before they show up in the system
- concrete5 version 5.7.4 or higher
- PHP 5.4 is a minimum requirement for this package
- The PHP LDAP extension must be installed an enabled on your web server
- Knowledge of your LDAP environment (Servers, Directory Structure, etc)
- LDAPS / StartTLS configurations may require additional server configuration. Full access on your server may be required to make these configuration changes (I.E. shared hosting accounts may be unable to support these features)
For the latest documentation and feature list on this package please check out our package documentation. If you have any questions about capabilities or possible enhancement requests please don't hesitate to send them our way.